There is much to consider when preparing for or confronted by workplace violence, including an active shooter.
According to Gun Violence Archive, there were 323 incidents of mass shootings in the United States in 2015. Construction Executive Risk Management addressed the issue with articles:
- Key Strategies for Protecting Construction Workers From Active Shooters by Nickole Winnett, Jackson Lewis PC;
- How to Prepare for and Prevent Workplace Violence by Edwin G. Foulke, Jr., Fisher & Phillips LLP; and
- Workplace Violence: Evaluate and Reduce the Risk by Nickole Winnett, Jackson Lewis PC.
Governmental agencies also offer information on preparing for and dealing with workplace violence:
- OHSA Safety and Health Topics: Workplace Violence;
- FBI Workplace Violence: Issues in Response; and
- U.S. Department of Labor Workplace Violence Program.